Research & Inspiration & Mood Bag
- Flick through magazines & copy the picture that reflects what you are after achieving.
- Access up to date magazines free at your local library.
- Magazine Apps like Mansion Homes, Home Interior Design Ideas, have pictures to browse. Houzz is another fabulous app to find inspiration.
- Restaurants, hotels, coffee shops can offer colour themes or styles
- Create a mood board that can be carried around in your bag. Ziploc bags are perfect in size for decorative buttons, braid, sample fabric squares, paint colour swatches
Try before you buy
- Pop in to our showroom to borrow our fabric swatches for a day or two. It is so important to check how the light in your home changes the fabric effects at different times of the day & evening.
- Ask Padgham staff to order manufacturers swatches free of charge so you can feel the fabric, compare the colour & pattern against your curtains, cushions, rugs & how it blends or stands out within your room setting.
Overall cost & Practicality
- Have a small hand held notepad to write down absolutely everything you may possibly need to remember
- Measurements of furniture & how much fabric is required for your project
- Names of fabric choices, time length for ordering & cost per metre,
- Number of Martindale rubs for durability, clean-ability, practicality